Okay, i'm just gonna say this right off the bat, if you were trying to drive me nuts, this assignment would be the perfect way to do it. haha. I can't pick ONE artist. There are so many bands that i am absolutely in love with. It's pretty varied too, it's not all one sound. I think one of my favorite individual artists include missy higgins ( though it's slightly more depressing and not very upbeat i really do like her album "the sound of white" and "scar EP" better than "on a clear night" because i feel like it's got more of her in it. But what i'm not gonna lie, "on a clear night" has a lot of really good songs including peachy, where i stood, steer, and 100 around the bend. Missy Higgins is pretty popular in australia but outside of dance, i don't know that many people that know about her in austin, which is surprising considering the whole "live music capital of the world" thing. I also enjoy A Fine Frenzy. I not only think "almost lover" is an amazing song, her name is awesome. She decided not to go by her normally name so she came up with a stage name that she actually got from shakespear's A Midsummer Night's Dream. good play. My other current favorite artist is erin mccarley. Also john mayers old unknown stuff. I've also ALWAYS been absolutely in love with shawn mccdonald's music. His new album Roots is to die for. My favorite songs by him include gravity, clarity, time, captivated, and take my hand. He is definitely my favorite individual christian artist though there is a lot to be said for Chris Tomlin and Andy Dollarson (i'm partial on andy cause i knew him)
As far as bands go [that's right i'm not done yet :)], I'm just gonna mention ones i'm listening to right now. Just finished listening to the Maine. I don't know how their stuff isn't more popular. It's phenominal. I really like "I must be Dreaming" and "Into your Arms"(the first 50 seconds of this one, i LOVE). I'm currently listening to Spur 58 (favorite christian band). I found out about them when chris tomlin brought them to play at my church. In my opinion, the best songs by them on their Sleepwalkers album are "Always Been There" "Starting to See" "Sleepwalkers" "Ready to Love" and "Calling you". And yes I have a lot of christian artists/bands. haha. When you go to crazy i love jesus camp a.k.a. PC, it happens :)
okay here are some myspace links. hope they work. http://www.myspace.com/shawnmcdonald
http://www.myspace.com/spur58 http://www.myspace.com/themaine
http://www.myspace.com/missyhiggins
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hannah that was a very thorough and in depth look at your favorite music. I only wish my blog had the attention to detail yours did. You might want to shorten it up next time or people will lose interest and stop reading
ReplyDeleteKyle Ford
Nice Hanna you are Verry explanatory in your favorite music artist. I agree with you about you like lots of music, but I feel ya there too. Anyway I didnt loose intrest at all dawg.
ReplyDelete-Terry Lee Hillis Jr
(I know this is a completely typical Christian band but...) do you like Nickelback? Amongst your "varied sounds" is there any country (or sorta country, like above mentioned band), or foreign music? I've found that I enjoy songs in Russian and Japanese.
ReplyDelete