Thursday, April 23, 2009

Population Issue

The population issue, you must admit, is a rather sticky situation. I mean where can you really draw the line? We don't want to pull a China and make women who get pregnant a whole of 2 plus times get an abortion after baby number one. I'm sorry but that's just wrong. And if you think about it if you keep with that policy, then the population will get continually cut in half (takes two to make one) and then where are you? Clearly i'm thinkin that's not the way to go. On the other hand you don't want every person in the world to be the octuplet's mom and say "hey, i'm gonna have as many children as humanly possibly" cause then this'll just all spin way outta control. If i had to create my own solution for controlling the population in way overpopulated societies, it would probably be birth control (in all forms). I mean, admittedly, it won't be the most wonderful long term solution but it'll keep for a while. Do you know how many people have way more children then they anticipated just cause they unexpectedly got pregnant again? In a lot of places like India where people live in whatever shack isn't already inhabited i doubt they have a bunch a money for condoms. If you'll think (even in America) how many children are mere accidents, it's kinda ridiculous. If people just didn't have kids unless they wanted kids i have no doubt that population problems would go down at least a bit.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on every aspect of this topic Hannah. It is quite disgusting how other countries have approached this situation. I can't believe that people had the audacity to do that. Although your solution isn't a long term solution, i think that it could work. Along with birth control i think that spreading the word about this problem could also benefit this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanna I agree with you on most of what you've said on this blog but personally I think that this is the individual's decision and no one else's. wether the people want to do this or not will decide how overpopulation will go.

    ReplyDelete